Today’s ‘Moody Monday,’ has a bit of a different spin on it. Today marks the first Monday in February, a month of love with the celebration of Valentine’s Day. If you watched my Instagram stories you have an idea of where I am taking this, but stay with me. It has been on my heart lately to use this month that celebrates love, to actually love on people. It is so rare in our busy world that we actually stop and focus on making someone’s day special. How often do we take time to surprise someone with a handwritten note, or a flower delivery, or a care package? I know for myself, I was much better about this before kids, and I love the idea, but I rarely make it happen. We live in a world that preaches kindness, but often fails to take the time to show kindness to those in our closest circles. With this in mind I would like to take the month of February and work each week to love on ourselves and those around us; I am calling this ‘Share the Love,’ and I would love for you to join me.
Now how this is going to work is each week I am going to focus on a different person, or people to love on. Week one, which is this week, will focus on loving yourself. It so important to take time for yourself so that you have the energy to pour into others. Find something that brings you joy, and gives you energy. Maybe it’s shopping at the mall without the kids, maybe it getting a pedicure, or maybe it’s scheduling dinner with a friend. For me I plan on taking an afternoon and spending it at a coffee shop eating good food, drinking good coffee, and either reading a book or journaling; this is how I fuel myself!
Each of the following weeks I encourage you to think of those around you, I will give you ideas, but honestly run with this, you know what you can do and what those around you need. I would encourage you to try and stay away from social media and emails as the source of reaching out; work to make it more personal. Ideas include: lunch/coffee date, sending flowers, dropping of homemade cookies, go visit Grandma/Grandpa, or mail a card. Think outside of the box.
The Following Weeks Topics:
Week two: love your kids or your spouse, and if you don’t have either of these, love on a best friend.
Week three: love your parents or elders, this could always be someone that fills those roles for you, maybe a pastor or mentor.
Week four: love your neighbor or someone that is on your heart. If you are someone that prays, maybe it this is someone that God has put on your heart to reach out to.
I hope that this is something that encourages you, I love the idea of including my kids on this. And as always, I would love to hear the ideas you come up with, or see a picture of what you are up to.
With this weeks theme being, ‘love yourself,’ I thought I would share a few of my favorite things, that maybe you would love too! These could also make great Valentine’s gifts!
- Ello Travel Mug…. If you only purchase one thing, buy 4 of these! This stainless steel coffee mug keeps my coffee warm for hours, no reheating! But you need 4 so you can have 1 in the dishwasher, one left in your car, one on your office desk and still one waiting for you clean! (note: their ceramic ones are cute, but do not keep your coffee warm like the stainless)
- Vital Proteins Collagen… If you want to see you huge difference in skin and nails, while helping your gut health, this collagen is amazing. It’s tasteless and can go in your smoothie, juice, coffee, soup….
- Steve Madden Leopard Flats… Love these! So comfortable, and add a little bit of party to the basics in my wardrobe!
- Girl Wash Your Face… This is the second time I have recommended this book, but it’s that good. It is encouraging and motivating and a fun read all in one!
- Beautycounter Resurfacing Peel… I LOVE this product. I use it every other night and it exfoliates your skin in the best way, highly recommend! I am a BC consultant, if you are interested let me know I would love to help!
- Salad Bowl… If you are working on adding salads into your life, these are THE BEST! Honestly, salads taste better in these, and they do not spill over the side.
- BB Blow Dry… If you have dry hair or use a lot of heat on your hair this is SO GOOD! It leaves your hair soft, but not greasy. This is the best hair product I have ever used!
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm… If you are one who wants a bit of color on your lips, but lipstick feels too heavy or dry these are for you. I am OBSESSED with these. They are a chapstick, that looks like a lipstick, and they have several colors from neutral to bold, so amazing!
- Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisturizer… I am your girl for all things dry skin, and this is the best moisturizer I have ever used for dry skin! It is thick without being heavy or greasy, game changer! Again I am a consultant if you need help purchasing.
- Snake Plant… If you are one that loves the idea of a houseplant, but you tend to kill them, this plant IS. YOUR. GUY! First, it is one on of the best plants out there for cleaning the air in your room, research it. It also does not need sunlight (I have one in my boys bathroom that has never seen light), and it rarely needs watering. Now with little light, it will not grow much, if at all, but mine is perfect height as is; we also tend to water sporadically and he lives on. If you want a beautiful, modern looking plant that can survive all the things, you have just met your best friend.
Please know that I only share products that I have used and absolutely love, if I don’t I will tell you. Hope you find the time this week to get away and do something that energizes you!
*know that the some of the above content does contain affiliate links